Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
today's been one of those clumsy days where many dumb clutzy things happen, and you kind of wonder...whatthe???
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Monday, December 07, 2009
I would love some hard to find Heather Ross fabrics,or any funky cool fabrics, sewing machine needles, flat head pins, an awesome iron, and of course, more TIME!
Send me an email with your mailing info and I'll get your fq's to you as soon as I can!
I'm feeling the stress of Christmas this Monday morning. I have NOTHING ready. ..that and the -30 temps this morning has made me grumpy.
Saturday, December 05, 2009
Thursday, December 03, 2009
- Abstract Quilting in Solids
- Material Obsession Two
- Elm Creek Books
- Yoko Saito Books, preferably translated in English
- 5" square
- 9" square
- Shape Cut Plus ruler - this looks really neat!
- handle to attach to ruler - I found a few like this one, this one, and Evelyn suggested this one
- Accuquilt Go! Okay..maybe pipe dream, but I would really really want to have one of these! I am a gadget kind of girl. ;-)
- tape measures
- new rotary cutting blades
- a good seam ripper - the Clover Seam Ripper and this stand up seam ripper were suggestions
- Kwik Klip - a tool for pin basting quilts -I want this!!
- flat head pins
- numbered pins
- good quality scissors like the Gingher I've been hearing about
- the Bernina Lady's Knife
- Sewline fabric pencil
- mini iron
- sewing machine needles
- teflon pressing sheet
- thread, thread, thread. Good quality, quilting thread from the quilt shop. Cones of it. white, basic, varigated And not the cheapo stuff honey. You know when you tell me the difference between a good quality golf ball and a cheapo one? That the $7 ball STILL performs way better than the $1 ball, especially when it usually ends up in the water trap?
- a design wall such as this one
- totes and bins
- folding tables
- folding cutting table such as this one from Joann
- folding sewing table such as this one from SewEzi
- 20" pillow forms
- size 36 and 45 buttons to cover
- Ikea storage like this set of drawers
- Ikea desk/table in shiny red
- desk top Ott-lite
- Love by Amy Butler
- Flora and Fauna by Patty Young
- Jelly rolls
- Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt
- Deer Valley Collection by Joel Dewberry
- Meadowsweet by Sandi Anderson
- Kona or Bella solids - assorted colours
- Kona colour chart card
- Heather Ross hard to find fabrics
- a surprise stack of assorted purple fabrics (or choose your colour)
- fat quarters of 37 Japanese taupe fabrics
- Japanese fabrics - mushrooms, gnomes, deer, taupes, luciens
- a selection of hand dyed fabrics like this
- wool felt selection
- Dear Family, the number one thing that I want is TIME, uninterrupted, leave me alone, quilting time. Perhaps make a coupon book for me with time increments, where you take the kids out for the afternoon while I get to sew!
- gift certificates to local quilt shops
- gift certificates to online quilt shops such as this one
- a trip to a quilting retreat ( I know a few of the local LQS have retreats and cruises that they organize...check your local LQS or your local guild)
- someone to assist me in clearing out and setting up the unused room in the house
- a dedicated sewing space
- a Persian cat name Winston -lmao!!