Here is a compilation of ideas and wishes from some of our fellow blogland quilters. At first I thought to myself, what the heck am I doing? This is alot of work! And then, as the ideas came in, I started to learn about new tools that I had no clue about! I will be printing this out and highlighting my fav's for my husband! So...read on, click on links for photos and ideas, and I hope there's something there that can pique your interest and help your list grow.
The list of course, does not include everything and anything - just suggestions from you. The books and magazines list is small, and I know there are oodles more to choose from.
*disclaimer - I am not affiliated, nor do I get perks for linking up to these sites. I have no idea how to do that kind of thing. LOL. I've just done some searches through google, amazon and a few of my known online fabric shops. I have just linked them so you can view a photo of what the item is and become familiar with it.
- Abstract Quilting in Solids
- Material Obsession Two
- Elm Creek Books
- Yoko Saito Books, preferably translated in English
Magazines (subscriptions, issues, back issues)
- 5" square
- 9" square
- Shape Cut Plus ruler - this looks really neat!
- handle to attach to ruler - I found a few like this one, this one, and Evelyn suggested this one
- Accuquilt Go! Okay..maybe pipe dream, but I would really really want to have one of these! I am a gadget kind of girl. ;-)
- tape measures
- new rotary cutting blades
- a good seam ripper - the Clover Seam Ripper and this stand up seam ripper were suggestions
- Kwik Klip - a tool for pin basting quilts -I want this!!
- flat head pins
- numbered pins
- good quality scissors like the Gingher I've been hearing about
- the Bernina Lady's Knife
- Sewline fabric pencil
- mini iron
- sewing machine needles
- teflon pressing sheet
- thread, thread, thread. Good quality, quilting thread from the quilt shop. Cones of it. white, basic, varigated And not the cheapo stuff honey. You know when you tell me the difference between a good quality golf ball and a cheapo one? That the $7 ball STILL performs way better than the $1 ball, especially when it usually ends up in the water trap?
- a design wall such as this one
- totes and bins
- folding tables
- folding cutting table such as this one from Joann
- folding sewing table such as this one from SewEzi
- 20" pillow forms
- size 36 and 45 buttons to cover
- Ikea storage like this set of drawers
- Ikea desk/table in shiny red
- desk top Ott-lite
- Love by Amy Butler
- Flora and Fauna by Patty Young
- Jelly rolls
- Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt
- Deer Valley Collection by Joel Dewberry
- Meadowsweet by Sandi Anderson
- Kona or Bella solids - assorted colours
- Kona colour chart card
- Heather Ross hard to find fabrics
- a surprise stack of assorted purple fabrics (or choose your colour)
- fat quarters of 37 Japanese taupe fabrics
- Japanese fabrics - mushrooms, gnomes, deer, taupes, luciens
- a selection of hand dyed fabrics like this
- wool felt selection
- Dear Family, the number one thing that I want is TIME, uninterrupted, leave me alone, quilting time. Perhaps make a coupon book for me with time increments, where you take the kids out for the afternoon while I get to sew!
- gift certificates to local quilt shops
- gift certificates to online quilt shops such as this one
- a trip to a quilting retreat ( I know a few of the local LQS have retreats and cruises that they organize...check your local LQS or your local guild)
- someone to assist me in clearing out and setting up the unused room in the house
- a dedicated sewing space
- a Persian cat name Winston -lmao!!
Thank you for your ideas and suggesstions...I really do appreciate it. I'll be drawing a name later today!