Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
today's been one of those clumsy days where many dumb clutzy things happen, and you kind of wonder...whatthe???
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Monday, December 07, 2009
I would love some hard to find Heather Ross fabrics,or any funky cool fabrics, sewing machine needles, flat head pins, an awesome iron, and of course, more TIME!
Send me an email with your mailing info and I'll get your fq's to you as soon as I can!
I'm feeling the stress of Christmas this Monday morning. I have NOTHING ready. ..that and the -30 temps this morning has made me grumpy.
Saturday, December 05, 2009
Thursday, December 03, 2009
- Abstract Quilting in Solids
- Material Obsession Two
- Elm Creek Books
- Yoko Saito Books, preferably translated in English
- 5" square
- 9" square
- Shape Cut Plus ruler - this looks really neat!
- handle to attach to ruler - I found a few like this one, this one, and Evelyn suggested this one
- Accuquilt Go! Okay..maybe pipe dream, but I would really really want to have one of these! I am a gadget kind of girl. ;-)
- tape measures
- new rotary cutting blades
- a good seam ripper - the Clover Seam Ripper and this stand up seam ripper were suggestions
- Kwik Klip - a tool for pin basting quilts -I want this!!
- flat head pins
- numbered pins
- good quality scissors like the Gingher I've been hearing about
- the Bernina Lady's Knife
- Sewline fabric pencil
- mini iron
- sewing machine needles
- teflon pressing sheet
- thread, thread, thread. Good quality, quilting thread from the quilt shop. Cones of it. white, basic, varigated And not the cheapo stuff honey. You know when you tell me the difference between a good quality golf ball and a cheapo one? That the $7 ball STILL performs way better than the $1 ball, especially when it usually ends up in the water trap?
- a design wall such as this one
- totes and bins
- folding tables
- folding cutting table such as this one from Joann
- folding sewing table such as this one from SewEzi
- 20" pillow forms
- size 36 and 45 buttons to cover
- Ikea storage like this set of drawers
- Ikea desk/table in shiny red
- desk top Ott-lite
- Love by Amy Butler
- Flora and Fauna by Patty Young
- Jelly rolls
- Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt
- Deer Valley Collection by Joel Dewberry
- Meadowsweet by Sandi Anderson
- Kona or Bella solids - assorted colours
- Kona colour chart card
- Heather Ross hard to find fabrics
- a surprise stack of assorted purple fabrics (or choose your colour)
- fat quarters of 37 Japanese taupe fabrics
- Japanese fabrics - mushrooms, gnomes, deer, taupes, luciens
- a selection of hand dyed fabrics like this
- wool felt selection
- Dear Family, the number one thing that I want is TIME, uninterrupted, leave me alone, quilting time. Perhaps make a coupon book for me with time increments, where you take the kids out for the afternoon while I get to sew!
- gift certificates to local quilt shops
- gift certificates to online quilt shops such as this one
- a trip to a quilting retreat ( I know a few of the local LQS have retreats and cruises that they organize...check your local LQS or your local guild)
- someone to assist me in clearing out and setting up the unused room in the house
- a dedicated sewing space
- a Persian cat name Winston -lmao!!
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
My quilt top is finished, finally. Does anyone quilt like this?
Monday, November 23, 2009
I'm really happy with my sewing skills and how it turned out. Quite proud of the way the collar turned out and everything. But it just doesn't look good on me. If I had a professional fitter, perhaps to give it more shape or something. Perhaps (well, I know for sure) my body just doesn't look good lately, and this doesn't flatter me. It's boring.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Everyone...please welcome my newest family member, Suki. I adopted her from my neighbouring province, and she's beautiful. She found me through the Juki Yahoogroups....someone couldn't use her anymore and went on to bigger and better machines. The owner thought I may be interested, since I posted my interest in purchasing new locally and couldn't find a Juki dealer.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I so aspire to be one of those sewists. You know, the ones who whip out a project a day? It isn't happening here. I'm in awe at how many projects they complete. They obviously don't have healthy television habits like mine - Days of Our Lives, Oprah, Oz, and the news...Glee, Ugly Betty, and 90210 just entertain me. ;-)
Monday, November 09, 2009
Friday, November 06, 2009
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Please know how much I value and treasure your comments and your visits. They motivate me, and make me feel so wonderful knowing there are so many wonderful other quilters out there.
We're an amazing community and I'm so thankful to have found this 'outlet'.
I will be by to check out your blogs and comment later on the week...thanks for stopping by!
Friday, October 09, 2009
***Edited to change - it's not in the April 2009 issue, but the February 2009 issue! Sorry if you've been looking, my error!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Monday, October 05, 2009
I found someone's stash this weekend....all for$40.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
I'm really enjoying this read, and learning alot from it. It's not just about photographingand showing off beautiful quilts, it's about the process...
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I purchased some Kona Cotton Solids from the Fabric Shack . They were super reasonable at $3.99/yd US$. It was very fast shipping, and they included a package of machine needles in my package! Cool! This is for a new quilt that I got some inspiration for, now I need to execute it!